Labels

Wednesday 20 May 2015

Hunt for the Ideal Music App

Alright, let's get straight to the point. For the past couple of months, I've been looking for the ideal music app on android. So far, I've used Neutron, DeadBeef, Jet Audio, Noozy, and now trying out n7. For the longest time, I was sticking to Samsung's default music app, until one day, it suddenly hit me! OMG! Why have I not tried other apps???

Sure enough, changing players provided superior audio quality. Surprisingly, many people don't know this! So here's how it works. The quality of your audio is determined by the following:

  • Source File
  • Sound Circuit & Amp
  • Media Player
  • Speakers
They say that the net quality is tied to the weakest of these 4. In my case, I simply want to ensure that it's not the music app. Personally, I use my Samsung android phone (and the in-ear buds that it came with) for music all the time. However, being an audiophile, I store 90% of my music in FLAC format. I've reached a point where even a 320kbps MP3 feels audibly low in quality. Trust me, it's a curse! So for those of you affected with this same curse, stick around while I explore and provide my personal thoughts on the "top of the line" music apps, as stated by people on the web.

-NKM: Your Audio Consultant

1 comment:

  1. Spoiler alert:
    I bought Neutron player a year after posting this blog.

    ReplyDelete